Inspired by the 90s

Hello friends and family.

Earlier this summer my mother and I went thrift shopping in Lillyhammer. I found a beautiful floral button down dress that sadly did not fit as I am far from a szL. My mother saw the dress and immediately decided decided to buy the dress. She let me borrow the dress so that I could draft a pattern based of it.

The time from drafting the pattern to having a finished dress was about three days, so this has certainly been one of my quicker projects.  Originally the 90s dress my mother bought had gathers in the front bodice instead of darts. I found that gathers in the front wasn’t doing my body any favours so I ditched the original design a bit and ended up using a lil bit more fabric than anticipated.

The dress features a open triangle peephole kind of back, v-neck, waist yoke, button down front and bias binding finish.

I’m already playing around with the thought of making another one as I really loved the fit and flare of this dress

I used 3m of my linen curtain stash, which was also originally red. I tried dying it black using herdins, but ended up with a dark brown due to the red undertones. I wore this dress as much as I could in Crete, as it is light weight and comfortable to wear.

This Article Has 1 Comment
  1. Anonym sier:

    Lovely dress and young woman!

Legg igjen en kommentar

Din e-postadresse vil ikke bli publisert.