FKA curtains

Hello friends and family, this week I’ve been a busy sewing bee, I actually completed two dresses. Sadly one of them ended up a silky mess, even more sadly it was my favorite silk fabric, that I had saved for the perfect dress. Oh well cut is cut and there’s no way back. Anyhow I do have a dress to show, and again as you might have guessed it’s made of of curtain fabric. It was a beautiful red linen fabric I used pre dye on and fudged up a bit.

Five years ago when I started to sew I would always sketch up these sun dresses I wanted to sew, of course retro inspired, and this week I finally did. And to my surprise not every garment I make needs to have hand stitching or tailoring touches. This dress is only made with easy peasy sewing techniques and if I hadn’t fudged up during the first fitting (I didn’t bother to fit) I would have finished it in a day.  I had a real struggle with the buttons though, not having enough to stop the bust from gaping I simply added snap buttons from prym where the gaping occurred.

I used 2.5M of fabric, 200m of gutherman thread, about 1m of bias tape, 11 buttons, cotton interfacing and snap buttons. Dye used is dylon intense violet.

This Article Has 4 Comments
  1. Victoria sier:

    Fine, flinke Sun <3

  2. Brage sier:

    Fantastisk kjole og fantastisk å se at den er tilpasset deg! Det er så mange som syr uten å tilpasse og da ender man opp med samme standardform som i butikken. Har selv kjøpt lingardiner på Fretex som skal bli til bukse i løpet av uka 🙂 Blir bilder av den på bragelius.com

    • sunniva sier:

      Ja, det er ikke bare bare. Å lage egen grunnform er noe alle som driver med egosøm burde kunne, mener nå jeg. Gjør jo sy-opplevelsen mye morsommere når plagget faktisk passer 🙂

Legg igjen en kommentar

Din e-postadresse vil ikke bli publisert.